Friday, November 26, 2010

Back in Zurich

Two illnesses, a dozen pair of shoes, and a bagful of clothes later, I'm back in Zurich! Work has been busy, and I'm already planning my Paris trip!

We had our first real snow today, and to say that this place is beautiful is an understatement. I feel like I'm in paradise, surrounded by white mountains and Christmas lights that are shining bright. I walked around a bit today after work and took some pictures of the Christmas Tree at Paradeplatz (the main square), and hope to take some more tomorrow during the day. I hope to be able to share some tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's something to keep you entertained. Apparently I wrote this poem about two years ago, when I was single, fat, and I had drowned my third plant by over-watering it, and when I was feeling fat:

Plants are drowning
ass is expanding
Oh brother when will I stop pretending

That my life is sweet
Even though my butt is falling off the seat

On Friday I go to bed at midnight
And dream of Tom and Jerry wishing me goodnight

There is no man who I want to hug
So I end up drinking coffee in a mug

And then on Saturday I go around hopping
because I have found the greatest cure of all - shopping!

You may go ahead and call me pathetic now. You are allowed. Das ist alles.

2 comments:

  1. I realise you said a lot of other things, but all I hear was "a dozen pair of shoes". Tell us more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The less said about the shoes, the better it is. I bought yet another pair in Paris. I need to be stopped!

    ReplyDelete