Monday, September 13, 2010

Things I don't miss about New York

Along the heels of the Top Five things I miss about New York, I had compiled a list of a few things that I didn't miss about the Big Apple. But after reading my blog, and then reading this article, another friend of mine, who also moved from New York to Zurich, went a little bit crazy and compiled a list of 32 things that he hated about New York. His list was so hilarious that I decided to post a few items from it, with permission, of course:

- Grand Central Terminus

- Taking NJ Transit

- People always wanting to go to a specific place

- People lying all the time by saying, "Queens is not SO bad after all"

- People exaggerating the size of their apartments

- People not admitting that a rat in the house is ACTUALLY disgusting

- People always demanding that YOU do something fun on the weekend, because if you dont, like OMG, like you are such a loser! What do you mean you will cook and read???WTF!

- Every one pretending to be making 'six figures' or more, even when they are barely scraping by

- Plainsboro NJ (or anywhere with no hot dog vendors and traffic, sirens and smoke) being considered quaint

- Anyone (which is mostly everyone) who walks around the city with their eyebrows perpetually in a raised position

- People running to catch subway trains, knowing there's another one coming

- Guys standing around swiping subway cards for no reason

- Women yelling at their kids to 'shut the f#$k up'

You may not agree whole heartedly with everything on it, but you must admit, it does make for an interesting read!

2 comments:

  1. People stand around and swipe subway cards for no reason? Are they bored? I'm completely baffled by this.

    I think you should make a love/hate list about Zurich, just to be fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, wow. I have to admit though, I never though NY was all that. When people say oooh I wanna move to NY, they expect me to be all oooooh wow that's so awesome. I'm thinking, "HA! Good luck with that!" and then I say "Ha! Good luck with that!" Just b/c. Oh and here she is still in DC area, barely scraping by and complaining that she's broke all the time. As a matter of fact, I wish she did move to NY! Damnit I'm bitter. I'm just catching up! I know bad friend!

    ReplyDelete