Saturday, July 10, 2010

Keeping out of Mischief now

In case you can't tell, I'm going through a "Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald" phase right now. I quote their songs in casual conversation and am constantly humming them in the office. I need therapy.

Anyway, I've decided to sit down and get a few posts out of the way tonight. I was going to begin with ZuriFest, but I had an awesome dinner this evening, so we'll lead as always with food. I had been craving veggie burger for a while now. What is so special about this "veggie burger" you ask? Well the VBs here almost taste like "indian" burgers in that they are made out of potatoes and peas and have a distinct curry and chutney flavor to it. I've never had these burgers outside of India, so you can understand my obsession on having one everyday here. The burger, coupled with awesome homemade sauces and flavored mayo, makes life worth living.

I had one a few weeks ago, but cravings began in earnest at Zurifest, where I had it at least a couple of times, and reached a frenzy by this morning. Every morning I'd wake up thinking of it and go to bed at night with dreams of having one for dinner. This afternoon, a debate raged within me on whether to go on my veggie burger hunt or to be lazy, and laziness won, but only by the thinnest of margins.

I conned a friend into joining me on my burger hunt by luring him with promises of watching the Germany-Uruguay game. We went to Bar One at Escher-Wyss-Platz, where I was first introduced to the burger. I excitedly waited for it and when I had the first bite, I achieved a state of bliss like no other. The next thirty minutes, over which I devoured the burger, were the best minutes of the entire day.

No sooner had I finished dinner did it start to rain like a maniac, which was a welcome respite from the heat. I'm just glad that the downpour occurred after above mentioned burger annihilation, otherwise the evening would have ended on quite a catastrophic note. I've been in a food coma for the last three hours, and it shows no signs of abating. Now if only I can get my hands on some ice cream, my purpose in life shall have been achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment