Friday, June 25, 2010

Plans for the weekend...

include doing this:



and some more of this:



Somehow, somewhere, something went wrong in my move to Zurich - I have officially become a soccer, oops, a football addict. I can't go to bed until I know who's playing the next day, what are their chances, and until I have read all possible analysis on all the games that took place on that day. I have practically moved in at Razzia, a former movie theater that has been converted into a bar for all the games.

This week though, has been brutal. I have been at an off-site pretty much all week, so had no access to TV, and had to resort to receiving the score updates via texts. Anything to get my fix. I had sufficiently threatened enough people with dire consequences if they didn't respond to me and ended up having 3-4 people texting me the score at the same time. I even kept informing one of the Directors at the offsite of the Italy-Slovakia score, not realizing that he was Italian and thus ready to murder me with his eyes for continually bringing him bad news. Football - causing career suicides since 1872.

I'm really not sure how I'm going to recover from this addiction when the World Cup ends. This will be like trying to get over "LOST" all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment