Thursday, June 17, 2010

This is all I have so far

I'm soaking in this whole World Cup thing, and the fever is indeed contagious! Being in Europe for the World Cup is a completely different experience - lives depend on teams winning. Switzerland won their opening game for the first time in fifty years, so to say that the country went a little nuts would be an understatement. I think I saw a few people crying on the corner of the street. I celebrated in my own way, by having my requisite two dinners, and topped them off with McDonalds french fries. This was my first foray into a McDonald since I left the U.S, so there was nostalgia and tears, I'm not gonna lie. I even hugged a statue of Ronald McDonald in joy.

Meanwhile, as I recover from my deep fried coma, here's a picture of Plaza Del Espana, the area where the brother and I stayed while in Madrid (one of the few non-food related pictures I managed to take on our first day there):



Now all I need is a day with 26 hours and the write up of the trip and more pictures will be immediately uploaded. Until then, I'm going to stop making any more promises. Guten Nacht!

1 comment:

  1. I love World Cup. It's making me happy. I wish I were someplace like you, where people wouldn't look at me funny when I'm complaining about the England goalie.

    I'm waiting to hear about the food- and of course, any non-food-related fun that was had in Spain.

    ReplyDelete