Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back from Madrid...

...but barely. The French air traffic controllers went on strike over the weekend because they were still upset about the last World Cup. As a result, all flights in Europe were delayed and didn't get back until well past midnight. And because I refuse to give in to peer pressure and behave like a normal person, I was up until 2am, finishing this wonderful book. So today I'm groggy, annoyed, internally fat from all the Tapas-eating that I indulged in, and only a quarter of my way through editing and fine-tuning the gazillion pictures I took. Since most of the pictures weren't of monuments or whatever but of all the different food we ate there, just looking at them is making me hungry, even though I'm back on my normal schedule of two dinners now.

I hope to be back later in the week with the first of several details about the trip, and with a few pictures that don't involve food. Also on a completely unrelated but still very important note, I can now give directions to people in German. But I still get confused between left, right, and straight, so I'm not sure I should be practicing this particular set of dialog on any unsuspecting tourists anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment