Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family Time

Half of my family (that is my mom and my dad) are technologically challenged. This has been a chronic illness that they never really could get rid of. But, they are trying. My mom started using email and Word documents in the recent past - and my brother and I would get emails on a daily basis on how to save, how to delete, how to bring back the deleted copy, etc. The most recurring theme with emails was, "I wrote an email but Microsoft ate it so now I can't write another email bye."

My mom doesn't believe in punctuation when it comes to emails. According to her, it "gets in the way of the typing." Thanks to my nineteen year old cousin that she is BFF with, she recently discovered Facebook. I accidentally accepted her friend request(the technical challenges sometime trickle down to the next generation too), but she tried for a long time to get my brother to accept her as a friend without much luck. Finally, to stop the asking, he just went ahead and accepted her. She was ecstatic. As we all know, you aren't really a family until Facebook says so. Anyway, below is the email that she sent me to express her joy at my brother adding her on "face book":

jigu (me) dikshu(my brother) accepted me as a friend ,philosopher and guide --its amazing ---i mean on face book-- so now we can hang out in face book what are you doing



your loving ,caring and sharing mom


Now are we convinced that my insanity is hereditary?

2 comments:

  1. "Now are we convinced that my insanity is hereditary?"

    Sweetie, you never had to convince me. My insanity is completely hereditary, as well.

    P.S. If you would like to feel better about yourself at my expense, check out my blog post for the day. Feel free to laugh at me. It's okay. It can't be helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mentally challenged children of technologically challenged parents! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete