Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And now there's proof...

We all know how much I love food. Th love I feel is innocent and pure and unconditional. Just the other day, at a friend's birthday party dinner, everyone was making conversation while having dinner. But not me. I'm very committed to my one true love, so for the first twenty minutes, I was absolutely quiet and focused all my energy and dedication on the food. Only when I heard silence did I look up to realize that everyone at the table had stopped talking and were just watching me eat. But I don't let little things like being in public keep me apart from my true love. So even as everyone was staring at me with their mouths hanging open, I got up to take my thrid serving, acting as if nothing was wrong.

But, something tragic has now happened. My love of food, until now a public but undocumented matter, has now been caught on film! What was until now a private matter is now available for the whole world to see. Allow me to explain what happened: a few months ago, a couple of coworkers took me out to Ilili, a Mediterranean restaurant in New York, for my farewell lunch. We saw a film crew at the location but didn't really catch them filming anything, so just assumed that they were still setting the shoot up as we were having lunch. Little did I know that not only was the camera on, it was ON us. And it captured me inhaling the falafel like it was going out of business. Hey, I was hungry. So now anyone who takes a cab in NYC can watch this ad on Taxi TV:

Ilili commercial






allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true"
src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=wabc§ion=&mediaId=7364824&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&site=">



The woman you see attacking the falafel at the 0:57 mark is yours truly. You can see how the purity of my love is tarnished by such imagery. This video makes me look like a glutton, instead of making me look like a food lover that I am. On the other hand, this video just adds to my up and coming movie career. If nothing, I can definitely play the role of Hungry Patron#3 in the next Spielberg movie. If this video doesn't get me my own trailer, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment