Monday, June 7, 2010

Blessings in disguise

It's been over two months since I moved to Zurich. In those two months, I had email issues, login issues, and moronity issues. Since then, my email issues have been resolved. My login issues have been resolved. My moronity issues are still ongoing without any resolution in sight.

But until very recently, I was faced with a new crisis. My chair at work, ladies and gentlemen, had digestive issues. It would make a farting sound every time I sat, I moved around in my seat, and every time I got up. It had gotten so bad that I could only move from my present position after people around me either left to attend meetings or went on coffee breaks. One day, a cute guy came by to talk to my coworker, and he smiled at me. I smiled back, and my chair farted. I saw the look of horror on his face, but before I could explain, he fled. My chair was now costing me my reputation, my peace of mind, and my future social life.

A few months ago, I had tendinitis and required several weeks of physiotherapy and an ergonomic setup at work. My desk at Zurich didn't have an ergonomic setup, and being a Superwoman, I just assumed that I had defeated the evils of inflamed tendons once and for all. Unfortunately my Superwoman powers are nonexistent in Zurich, so the tendinitis started coming back with a vengeance.

Fortunately for my alter-ego, this meant I now needed an ergonomic setup at work, which meant it was time to retire the farting chair. I am now proud to proclaim that my brand new ergonomic chair is very healthy and has no digestive issues. It has also cured me of my tendinitis for now, and helped me in curtailing any future damage to my reputation. On the other hand, I tried to say "nice to meet you" to someone in German, but ended up saying "I set myself on fire." So maybe the damage to my reputation is unstoppable at this point..

No comments:

Post a Comment