Monday, May 3, 2010

Food intervenes. Again.

I had hopes of blogging about my trip to Nuremberg, but then there was food explosion at work today, which put me in food coma (again) tonight. It was a coworker's birthday and he brought these really amazing nussgipfel, which are basically nut croissants. I had one for breakfast and went to heaven for a few hours. Reality was starting to sink in, so I took two more and had another one with a friend later in the evening. There was also a box of cookies lying by someone else's desk. I was tempted to ask him if I could have a cookie, but I managed to retain an ounce of my self-respect and restraint and walked by as if they never existed. So now I fully expect to be tormented by dreams of being chased around by giant chocolate chip cookies tonight.

But tomorrow, I promise, we'll be talking about this:



and this:



Until then, may you have more chocolate than I got to have today!

No comments:

Post a Comment