Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter-Eve

So apparently the Gods of Wellness did not take too kindly to me gloating about my recovery. Also, I think I got over-excited about feeling better and was out until quite late, almost 10pm last night. Now I know 10pm isn't really late, but remember, I'm serenading as a 60yr old grandmother right now, so it was way past my bedtime. And after coming back, I watched the latest episode of Lost, which decidedly could have waited for another day. All this led to me feeling not-so-good this morning, and rather than age another 20 years and be 80 again, I decided to stay in and recover.

Speaking of coming back late, the reason was that I attended my first big drinks evening with everyone on the floor and got introduced to many, many new people. Everyone seems super nice and friendly and welcoming. I did get almost run over by many very tall people. They felt really bad and kept apologizing, probably thinking, "I'm sorry, but are you a real person? Is it legally possible for anyone to be this small?". Instead, they just said "I'm sorry, I didn't see you". I had to tell them that most people don't see me, so it was ok. Overall, it was a fun evening with good people and bad karaoke. And no, I did not sing. Come on, you know better than to ask that!

I'm happy to announce that my porter/tour guide/computer technician/entourage/tormentee aka my younger brother arrived this morning. Among the two of us, I have a reputation of being a bit of "Monica" from Friends, so imagine his surprise when he walked in and saw five opened half-unpacked-but-not-really suitcases, with clothes strewn all over the hotel room. I tried to explain to him that I had equally divided all my clothes in all the bags to hedge my risk, in the event that any of the bags went missing. I also tried to explain to him the rationale behind the open and half-unpacked bags: I couldn't decide what to wear, so I just had to try out a few different outfits everyday, didn't I? I don't think there's anything wrong with this approach, do you?

Anyway, we went out for lunch and packed all the open bags to get ready for the big move tomorrow! The plan was for us to go to Lugano this weekend, but I don't know if I really want to do any traveling (shhh...don't tell him that!). I bribed him to come here with images of Lugano, when what I really wanted was for someone to carry my bags and all my groceries for me. The weather is also supposed to be cold and rainy over the weekend, which further diminishes my motivation to go anywhere. Currently, we're in the middle of a shouting match (well, he's shouting, I'm rasping) about the weekend plans; I'll let you know how it concludes!

Also, since this is a four day weekend, posting will be a bit light, unless I have another major STIDT to report, or if we do end up traveling anywhere. What to expect next week: Some pictures of the apartment, the lake, more work and non-work updates. Until then, if I don't get to talk to you soon, have a Happy Easter! Also, please make reservations at Casa Desai for the summer at the earliest; vacancies are filling up fast! Ciao :)

3 comments:

  1. They are like that- the Gods of Wellness. Fickle bastards, every last one.

    So apparently, there seems to have been some confusion. I thought you were in Zurich on holiday. It appears I was wrong, and you are in fact, working there (and it would also follow, unless you have one hell of a commute everyday, that you are living there in some capacity). Is this a permanent or temporary situation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a temporarily permanent situation :) I'm here for at least another year, during which I'll reevaluate what I want to do with my life and take it from there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous, I'm seething. And turning a less-than-attractive shade of green (it's kind of this ugly pea-green, whereas I need more of a jewel-tone).

    I'm stuck here in Phx, where it's hot, dry and ugly, and I'm surrounded by idiot teenagers all day (college sucks sometimes).

    ReplyDelete