Thursday, April 8, 2010

Love

I believe in Love. The idea of it, the feeling of it, the power of it. For most of my life, love to me has been...food. I love food. We all know how much. Especially desserts. My "spidey sense" tingles everytime I'm in the presence of sugar and fat.

Today there were cheesecakes, brownies, bunt cakes, and cookies by someone's desk. All these things were just there, within my sight, but not really open to the general public. I'd see people walking over, talking to the coworker with the dessert, grabbing some, and walking back. Finally, I couldn't resist; I went up to her, introduced myself, and asked her what the special occasion was. Turned out, it was the coworker's birthday! She had no choice but to offer me some dessert. And you know me, I don't say no to food. It's against my religion. So, I took a sliver of the cheesecake. Then she offered me brownies. So I took some. Then she offered me bunt cake. Took some more. Before I knew it, I was walking back to my desk with a plateful of sugar and fat. The poor person probably brought these in for her friends, and here I was, barging in and taking away all the food. She was too nice and offered me some more, but even I knew taking more would just be shameful and politely declined. But this is how you do it people. You want something, you go and get it. Don't let silly little things like manners and ettiquette get in the way of true love. The heart wants what the heart wants.

In other major news - I finally have a cell phone! I can now communicate with the outside world! Once I find the document that has the number listed, I'll send it out to you. I was planning on doing my first ever "Restaurant review" for the blog today, but I think combining it with this post would be just too much. I'll post it tomorrow instead. There are pictures and everything :)

Lastly, I am leaving you with a mystery to resolve. I finally woke up early to go running this morning. It was a bit chilly and cloudy, but there were quite a few people jogging by the lake. So here is the million dollar question: Why is it that when everyone else is running, they look like this:


Whereas when I go running, I look like this:

2 comments:

  1. Throw in an oxygen tank, and you'll have what I look like hitting the elliptical every morning.

    I've never mastered the art of looking good whilst exercising. I'm just not sure how they do it (it's my firm belief there might be black magic involved). Maybe we could pay them to tell us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to sign up for classes, if there are any being offered!

    ReplyDelete