Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Japanese Crisis

God's superpowers worked; my email life is what it used to be again! I can finally move past this crisis and focus on more important things. Like a new STIDT. I think it's been a while since I had one that was this embarrassing. So here goes: I was talking to one of my coworkers about New York and the kind of work I did there. He asked me if I knew Yashi Hibachi**. And you know me and my hearing issues, so I heard, "Have you been to (a) Hibachi (restaurant)?" I think I have this disease where everything sounds like food or dessert to me. So I went on to explain to him how I don’t frequent Japanese places too often due to their lack of vegetarian options. He gave me a blank for a second and said, “Uhh, I meant if you knew this woman called Yashi Hibachi who works out of the New York office.”

Sometimes, I think the earth just needs to open up and swallow me whole. I’m sure this will be beneficial to all mankind.

**or a similar sounding Japanese name

1 comment:

  1. *dies*

    Darling. *is shaking with laughter* You hear things the way *I* hear things!

    ReplyDelete