Thursday, April 22, 2010

Homage to Food

Why am I always in the mood
To keep eating more and more food?

For dinner I made a salad
While singing a depressing ballad

I even had some bread
To stop the voices from complaining in my head

However, a salad can never make me full
Indeed, this is not a new rule

I have always been a lover of food
For in it lies so much good

World peace can be bought with cake
While singing agreements, World Leaders can learn how to bake

Coming back to dinner
I tried to eat something that would make me leaner

But hunger levels were still on the rise
None of this, my mind could surmise

The stomach was still oh-so-mad
So when I fed it ice-cream, boy was it glad

It's important to make the stomach happy
Otherwise life can be well and truly crappy

It's now time to say good night
Dreaming of Hugh, I hope to be out like a light!

3 comments:

  1. I never eat salad. The hunger-induced insanity just isn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jigz,

    Simply wonderful. You are miles ahead of your peers. You have excellent flair of writing. Why don't you try your hand on some fiction. But we are at par in one thing - food.

    I am really proud of both of you guys.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, the family figured out how to use the comment feature! Brace yourselves, this will now turn into a bumpy ride!

    ReplyDelete